32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting ApprenticeshiP
Certificate III in Gas Fitting is designed to enable participants to install, alter, remove, repair, service and test Type A domestic and commercial gas appliances.
The CPC32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting is designed to enable participants to install, alter, remove, repair, service and test type A domestic and commercial gas appliances and Type A gas systems, under supervision, after applying for and being granted their interim gas work licence for Queensland.
The course is designed in conjunction with the employer workplace training support. This program is undertaken as a traineeship/apprenticeship and upon successful completion of the training course, the applicant is required to complete weekly logbooks.
Our team will meet with interested employers to assess their eligibility and to organise the relevant funding applications/approvals. The employer must apply through the Apprentiship training organisations first – if they wish to apprentice through this qualification, otherwise please refer to the User pays program Certificate III in gas fitting located here .
Who is this course designed for?
The Certificate III in Gas fitting course is open to non-tradespersons or licensed tradespersons within the plumbing, electrical, mechanical, electronics, metalwork, refrigeration and air-conditioning fields who are required to work on and install, commission and service Type A gas appliances. This course also covers gas pipework for Type A and B gas appliances, reticulated gas supplies including gas cylinders/gas tanks, mobile and portable caravans and marine installations.
The employer and applicant must apply with an apprenticeship placement entity like Busy At Work, then request Bizmatrix as the USER CHOICE training provider.
This section only covers students who wish to complete a certificate III in Gas fitting through the apprenticeship scheme- It is important to understand the Employer must have the correct resources like a Gas Work Licenced trades person gasfitter and the spread of gas fitting work to adequately train the apprentice throughout the apprenticeship period.
The employer’s resources will be checked prior to the acceptance of the applicant.
The logbook commences on enrollment and will be required to be completed with the correct amount of training in the field before the apprentice is deemed satisfactory.
- Qualified plumbers who hold a current Queensland plumbing licence may apply for recognition for the plumbing units of training course.
- For more details in regards to eligibility requirements and the licence application processes. go to QLD Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy for details on what the Gas Work Licence process entails and what is needed to obtain Gas Work Licence ( interim) then to progress to A full Gas Work Licence -including fees for Applying for a new Queensland Gas Work Licence.
Course At A Glance
Qualification: CPC32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting Apprenticeship program.
Nationally Recognised? Yes.
- Complete the pre-eLearning work before attending the face to face.
- The employer and applicant must apply with an apprenticeship placement entity like Busy At Work, then request Bizmatrix as the USER CHOICE training provider.
|Education (onsite)||19 days
|E-Learning (online)||Seven days of eLearning / About 50 hours of eLearning in total prior to face to face training.|
|Apprenticeship program||Fully funded training|
Certificate III in Gas Fitting (Apprenticeship)
Fully funded apprenticeship
- Students who successfully complete the Certificate III in Gas Fitting apprenticeship program will then be required to apply for their Gas Work Licence – Interim and keep a logbook with their employer for the year.
- After this, completion of selected units from the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services is required (note: these fees are not included in the funded program).
- This will then enable them to apply for the Full Gas Work Licence.
- Upon receiving the Full Gas Work Licence, applicants will be able to work as a fully qualified gas fitter.
Training Dates & Locations – 2020
Location: Unit 52-53 / 193-203 South Pine Road, 4500 Brendale, Queensland.
Frequency: Training courses in Brisbane are held regularly as listed.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
+–Units included in the Certificate III in Gas Fitting program?
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
+–Once I pass the course, what can I do?
- The apprentice will be required to work under the supervision of a full gas fitter for one year.
- They will be required complete a logbook each week signing off on the work that they do.
- The apprentice will then be required to complete the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services units here, which are not covered under this funding.